Monday, August 15, 2011

Le Sigh

Le sigh. That is the only thing I can think of right now. Like an over dramatic French maiden I can only simply say, "le sigh."

The week with my boys was wonderful, don't get me wrong and several things have given me some ideas for the blog, but it just seems like a week was hardly enough to recover from the summer we've had. And despite making such a case about being dedicated to my family and all that bologna in my last post, the first stop we made after we left our apartment was...work. And the cell phone didn't stay off...and I answered a few calls and texts. Le sigh.

The trip was long and tiring for the little man. Six and a half hours chained to a seat when you're main purpose in life as a toddler is to roam, pillage and destroy?! Well, that would come later. Monday morning was a time for sleep.
Sleep Baby Thomas. For adventure awaits you!

Oh, adventure time. One never knows where that's going to take you with a toddler. It could be the thrill of a lifetime. It could be hell on earth complete with the wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Thrill. Of. A. Lifetime.

I enjoyed being somewhat of a spectator to my Thomas and my hubby. There is something so marvelous about a father and child relationship. I'll probably do a more lengthy post about this later, but there is nothing sexier than a man and a baby.


There were still elements of having to be a working mommy during the trip like making meals and changing some pretty terrible diapers as a result of....well, Lord only knows what. But it was great to be away. To get away and enjoy some of the things I don't get to when we're at home like the overwhelming scent of sunscreen and painting my nails. Or the ability to make burgers without having to fight the hundreds of other residents at our apartment complex.



Oh, and it's not a vacay until someone picks up the latest edition of "The Mullet Wrapper."
 

Everything went back to normal today. I went to work, my husband stayed home with Thomas until I came home and then he went to work. Next Wednesday Thomas will go back to the sitter all day while my husband goes to school during the day and works nights while I work days. It's not going to be easy, but I'm so glad we got to spend these last days of summer together.

Le sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!